Monday, August 19, 2013

Where were we?

So, so, I repeat, so many things happened since my last update on 34weeks.

At 36weeks and 3days, a day after my usual routine check up, our little boy decided he wanted to see the world earlier.

The labor story begins...

About close to 5.30am my waters broke, which I thought I couldnt hold my pee. Changed myself and went back to bed.

In bed, felt light contractions which I thought were the normal Braxton-Hicks. But the cramp went down to my pelvic area which was weird. Suddenly I felt the urge to pass motion.. The same symptom I had when I had Sara.

After going to the toilet to ease myself, there was light brown stains. It was then I woke hubby up to get ready to the hospital. Alerted my brother in law to care for Sara when she wakes up and bring her to school for us.

We reached KKH at about 6.15am, at the Delivery Suite. Once I was checked, I have already dilated 4cm. They wheeled me straight to the labour room and strapped me to the CTG scan. It was then about 6.30am. 

Contractions started to be more often and more painful until I felt like pushing towards the end but my gynae has not arrived yet.

Midwives and nurses were very good and patient. They taught me how to breathe in the laughing gas to calm myself down as I was hyperventilating. 

Finally doc arrived just slightly after 8am and she did the episiotomy and with one push, little Sam was out! Yay!!



Altogether this labour is slow and steady compared to Sara's, fast and furious. 

Praise God that Sam, though a little late premature baby, he was given the clean bill of health to be discharged with me the next day.

However 3days later he was readmitted due to jaundice for 2nights. Mummy was heartbroken. :(

To cut story short, Sam is doing so much better today. Drinking, peeing n pooping well... Very well!

Thank You Lord for all Your provision. 

Here he is today, at 25days old:






No comments: